Maiden post - the start of my investing journey

At my mid thirties, I realize that I need to kick start my investment journey, so I started investing into SGX stock markets this August. Prior to this, I had only bought STI-ETF at 2009, and bought Keppel at $8.5 when it was falling (cut loss at $7). Overall, I still lose money.

Realizing that I am quite late into the market, with US market has entered into its 9th year of bull, and STI has increased from 2,600 in year 2016 to 3,300 in August 2017, I eagerly flipped through every corners (local investors' blogs, forums, the edge) to get stock ideas. To come across Investing Note platform is really a blessing to me, where it enable me to interact with investors and traders of various styles, and learn various aspects of investing.

Starting from making quick punts uncomfortably in the market, I slowly get more and more experience in making buys and sells and gains insights on companies, businesses and equities market itself.

As I come across a recommendation to keep an investing / trading journal, I have decided to log my investment activities here, for my future reference. As my starting capital is less than $50k, I don't know how long I would need to bring my portfolio size to 6 digits, but one day, I hope I can become like the pros (Kyith, TTI, etc) and have my unique view and sense in this complex realm. To achieve the target, it wouldn't be possible if I don't grow my investing knowledge. And hence the title of this blog: with growing investor, come growing investment.

Comments